Stephen Smith (Massachusetts)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Twenty-Eighth Middlesex|
|2007 - December 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
Smith also serves as an Alderman for the City of Everett and is a business owner.
He is a member of the Carmen A. Schiavo Association, Everett Chamber of Commerce, Everett Elks, Kiwanis Club of Everett, Knights of Columbus, and the Schiavo Club of Everett.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Smith served on the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Smith served on the following committees:
Smith won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Twenty-Eighth Middlesex District. Smith was unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Smith won election to the Twenty-eighth Middlesex seat in 2010. He defeated John Hanlon in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Dennis Giantassio (I) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Twenty-eighth Middlesex District (2010)|
|Stephen Smith (D)||5,855|
|Dennis Giantassio (I)||3,290|
On November 4, 2008, Smith won re-election for the Massachusetts House of Representatives election for the Twenty-Eighth Middlesex district. In this election he raised $59,666-; of that total $57,266- (96.0%) was from in state contributions, $1,700- (2.8%) was from out of state contributions, and $700 (1.2%) from unknown sources.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives - Twenty-Eighth Middlesex district|
|Stephen Smith (D)||9,804|
In 2010, Smith received $26,313 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stephen Smith (Massachusetts)'s campaign in 2010|
|Massachusetts Democratic Party||$2,000|
|Boston Carmens Union Local 589||$1,000|
|Levy, Paul F||$1,000|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$1,000|
|Teamsters Local 127||$800|
|Total Raised in 2010||$26,313|
Smith raised $59,666 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East||$1,000|
|Sheet Metal Workers Local 17||$750|
|Retired Public Employees||$600|
|16 different donors||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Stephen + Smith + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Stephen Smith's personal website
- Massachusetts House of Representatives - Rep. Stephen Smith
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Stephen Smith on Facebook
- Boston Globe, "Mass. lawmaker will plead guilty to voter fraud," December 20, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Smith
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed March 18, 2014
- Follow the Money 2008
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Middlesex 28
| Succeeded by|
Wayne A. Matewsky (D)
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |