|Delaware House of Representatives District 20|
|January 8, 2013-Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$7,334 annual expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Smyk served on the following committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Public Safety & Homeland Security|
|• Veterans Affairs|
Elections for the office of Delaware House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. M. Marie Mayor was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Stephen T. Smyk was unopposed in the Republican primary. Smyk defeated Mayor and Donald R. Ayotte (I) in the general election.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 20, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Stephen T. Smyk Incumbent||58.1%||5,473|
|Democratic||M. Marie Mayor||39.6%||3,737|
|Independent||Donald R. Ayotte||2.3%||217|
Smyk ran in the 2012 election for Delaware House of Representatives District 20. Smyk ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 11, 2012 and defeated Marie Mayor and Valerie Valeska in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||M. Marie Mayor||46.8%||5,689|
Comprehensive donor information for Smyk is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Smyk raised a total of $26,075 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Stephen Smyk's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Delaware State House, District 20||$26,075|
|Grand Total Raised||$26,075|
2012Smyk won election to the Delaware House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Smyk raised a total of $26,075.
|Delaware House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stephen Smyk's campaign in 2012|
|Delaware Republican Party||$1,000|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 782||$600|
|Citizens to Elect George H Bunting Jr||$600|
|Wilsons Auction Sales||$600|
|Total Raised in 2012||$26,075|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their stances on "social and economic justice issues."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Stephen + Smyk + Delaware + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware House of Representatives
- Delaware House Committees
- Delaware House of Representatives District 20
- Delaware State Legislature
- Stephen Smyk's personal website
- Delaware State Legislature, Rep. Stephen Smyk
- Profile from Open States
- Stephen Smyk on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
- Delaware State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Smyk, Stephen," accessed September 19, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 21, 2014
Nick Manolakos (R)
|Delaware House of Representatives District 20
| Succeeded by|