|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 34|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Rhode Island|
|Profession||Real estate/mortgage professional|
Tetzner's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Jobs, Taxes and the Economy
- Excerpt: "Despite its small size – a factor that should make it more manageable – Rhode Island is nearly paralyzed by an excessive government payroll, rampant overspending, unsustainable pensions, crippling taxes, fraud, waste and the highest unemployment rate in the country. I find this state of affairs to be unacceptable, and throwing money at these problems only fuels the fire! We can do better – and we will do better, with strategic, steady, across-the-board measures aimed at financial stability."
- Excerpt: "Our children deserve a world-class education, because when they are handed a diploma, they will enter a global economy. We must prepare them well by investing in them right from their first day of Kindergarten. Our investment must be strategic, with testing and standards in place. (And if we create a strong state economy, our graduates will want to put their education to work right here in Rhode Island!)"
- Excerpt: "It’s unfortunate that often, after a candidate is elected, the relationship that was built with voters during the campaign seems to fade away. To my mind, it’s just beginning. The responsibility of holding office should create accountability, transparency and responsive leadership. Fraud, waste and disrespecting the common good cannot be tolerated. Just as in a business relationship, open government – especially in our small state – should be non-negotiable."
- Excerpt: "Here’s an issue that must be met head-on, not just by the state, but also by its communities. I support initiatives to empower Narragansett and South Kingstown, giving them the help needed to stabilize their pension plans fairly. If these plans are left to fail, every Rhode Island taxpayer and every municipality will bear the burden. I will do everything in my power to prevent such a financial failure."
- Excerpt: "The one thing everyone can agree on when it comes to the 38 Studios disaster is that Rhode Island has not seen a financial fiasco of this magnitude in recent memory! I believe a debt of this size – $90 million and rising – should not land at the feet of taxpayers who had absolutely no voice in the matter. My voice is raised to call for a subpoena-driven investigation of this backdoor bond."
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Teresa Tanzi was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Stephen Tetzner was unopposed in the Republican primary. Tanzi defeated Tetzner in the general election.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 34, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Teresa Tanzi Incumbent||53.3%||2,783|
Tetzner ran in the 2012 election for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 34. He was defeated by Christopher Wilkens in the Republican primary on September 11. Incumbent Teresa Tanzi ran unopposed in the Democratic primary.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 34 Republican Primary, 2012|
Tetzner and his wife, Barbara, have one son.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Stephen + Tetzner + Rhode Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Rhode Island House of Representatives District 34
- Rhode Island House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Official campaign website
- Stephen Tetzner on Facebook
- Stephen Tetzner on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Primary candidate list for 2014
- Follow the Money
- Tetzner for RI, "Issues," accessed October 20, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Representative in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "Official 2014 general election results," accessed December 4, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed April 25, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 12, 2012
- Tetznerforri.com, "About the Candidate," accessed August 20, 2012