|Utah State Senate District 29|
|2009 - Present|
|January 1, 2017|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$96/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Utah House of Representatives, District 75|
|2001 - 2009|
|J.D.||Brigham Young University|
Urquhart served in the Utah House of Representatives, representing District 75 from 2001 to 2009.
Urquhart is an attorney.
Urquhart earned his BS in Biology from Williams College. He went on to receive his JD from J. Reuben Clark Law School of Brigham Young University.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Urquhart served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Urquhart served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Business and Labor|
|• Judiciary, Law Enforcement, and Criminal Justice|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Urquhart served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Business and Labor|
|• Transportation and Public Utilities and Technology|
Urquhart was also a member of the Utah Judicial Conduct Commission.
- See also: Utah State Senate elections, 2012
Urquhart won re-election in the 2012 election for Utah State Senate District 29. Urquhart was unopposed in the June 26 Republican primary and defeated Terence Moore (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Utah State Senate, District 29, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Stephen Urquhart Incumbent||77%||28,174|
Urquhart raised $82,080 for his campaign, while Pace raised $47,536 and Beatty raised $0. 
|Utah State Senate, District 29 (2008)|
|Stephen Urquhart (R)||28,597||67.40%|
|Brooks Pace (D)||12,281||28.90%|
|Wade Beatty (C)||1,546||3.6%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2008, a year in which Urquhart was up for election, he collected $82,080 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Utah Republican Senate Campaign Committee||$5,000|
|Utah County Legislative PAC||$5,000|
Urquhart has a wife, Sara.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stephen + Urquhart + Utah + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- LGBT community preps for fundraiser - St. George Daily Spectrum
- Equality Celebration garners support, promotes resolve - Dixie Press Online
- Impeachment Speculation Surrounding Swallow - KUTV Dan Sheldon (blog)
- Southern Utah Lawmakers Ipson and Urquhart Set to Receive Trustees Award at ... - KCSG
- DSU's first university commencement honors growing graduates, community ... - Dixie Press Online
- ACADEMY AWARD-WINNER DUSTIN LANCE BLACK TO APPEAR AT ... - Suindependent
- Dixie State Celebrates First "University" Graduating Class Friday - KCSG
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Sen. Urquhart's blog
- Official Utah State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
|Utah Senate District 29
| Succeeded by|