Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives District 2|
Bomgaars has taught social studies for more than thirty years.
Bomgaars' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I want to take my experience as an elected official and my real life experience as a taxpayer, homeowner, parent, actively involved citizen and 35 years in the field of education to the Iowa State House."
- Excerpt:"I strongly support Pre-K education for all of Iowa’s children – adequate funding for K-12 – a strong commitment to the engines of economic development, our community colleges, and a recommitment to making our state universities affordable for all Iowans."
- Excerpt:"We have an opportunity to partner with agribusiness, manufacturing and educational institutions to bring good paying jobs to our rural communities."
Bomgaars ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 2. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012 and was defeated by Megan Hess (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 2, General Election, 2012|
Bomgaars and his wife Marti have two children.<name ref=website/>
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + Bomgaars + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Steve Bomgaars on Facebook
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |