|U.S. House, California, District 33|
|Bachelor's||Colorado College, 1976|
|Master's||University of Southern California, 1981|
|Profession||President, Collett & Company, Incorporated, Certified Public Accountants|
Collett's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Our economy is suffocating from decades of massive deficit spending on programs which do more harm than good."
- Excerpt: "I am a Certified Public Accountant with a Master's in Business Taxation. I have spent a career helping people and businesses minimize their tax liabilities."
- Defense & Foreign Policy
- Excerpt: "History teaches that there is no substitute for military strength in maintaining a strong defense. Our economic strength and way of life requires a military second to none."
- Drug Policy Reform
- Excerpt: "Drug prohibition has created illicit markets, empowered gangs, terrorists and drug cartels, resulted in widespread violations of our rights against search and seizure, resulted in massive corruption, overburdened our criminal justice system and contributed to the highest incarceration rate on earth."
- Civil Liberties
- Excerpt: "As a Libertarian, I support civil liberties including minority rights, gay rights and gay marriage, women’s rights, immigrant rights, prisoner rights, civil rights and the Bill of Rights."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + Collett + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.