Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Colorado House of Representatives District 60|
was a 2012 Republican
candidate for District 60
of the Colorado House of Representatives
Collins's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs/Economy/Economic Development
- Excerpt: "we need to end job-killing state regulations that inhibit economic growth in our district. There is too much of a “one size fits all” approach to regulations from Denver—we need a strong voice for the OTHER parts of Colorado."
- Excerpt: "”the right...to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed” does not leave much room for interpretation. I strongly support the Constitutional Carry provision currently being discussed—a “right” where you have to plead your case before a government agency to exercise it is no right at all."
- Excerpt: "we need to enforce our existing laws vigorously, and if it is ruled Constitutional (which, I believe it is), I would support an AZ style immigration law in Colorado. We should NOT reward illegal behavior by granting in-state tuition to anyone who has entered (or was brought into) the country illegally. They will still be here illegally after graduation, so would still break our laws by taking a job in the US. "
- Excerpt: "There is currently a ballot initiative that may be in the works that would throw out 150+ years of Colorado water law, and force our water courts to take into account "the common good” when adjudicating water rights. In California, a similar proposal has bankrupted most of the Central Valley of the state and has put MANY long-time family farms out of business, because the "common good" was interpreted to save a 2 inch minnow (the Delta Smelt) from extinction instead of allowing irrigation to some of the most fertile farmland in the nation--causing it to dry up completely."
- Excerpt: "Life begins at conception. Period. The right to life is fundamental to all other rights."
- See also: Colorado House of Representatives elections, 2012
Collins ran in the 2012 election for Colorado House of Representatives District 60. He was defeated by James Wilson in the Republican primary on June 26, 2012.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 60 Republican Primary, 2012
| Steve Collins
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + Collins + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Steve Collins News Feed