|Florida House of Representatives, District 51|
|2008 - present|
|November 18, 2014|
|Years in position||6|
|Majority Leader, Florida House of Representatives|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Central Florida|
|Associate's||Brevard Community College|
|Birthday||July 26, 1971|
|Place of birth||Rockledge, Florida|
|Profession||Real Estate Broker/Agribusinessman|
Crisafulli has served as Majority Leader since 2014. He served as Supervisor of Brevard County Soil and Water Conservation from 1998 to 2002.
Crisafulli's professional experience includes working as a small business owner and director of the Brevard County Farm Bureau.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Crisafulli served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• State Affairs, Chair|
|• Appropriations, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Crisafulli served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Rules & Calendar|
|• State Affairs|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Crisafulli served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Natural Resources Appropriations, Vice-chair|
|• Agriculture & Natural Resources Policy|
|• Economic Development Policy|
Crisafulli did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Crisafulli's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 307 - "Space and Aerospace Catalyst and Enhancement Program: Creates Space and Aerospace Catalyst and Enhancement Program in OTTED to provide moneys to Space Florida & its partners for upgrading space-related infrastructure or business facilities & competing for space & aerospace-associated businesses"
- HB 499 - "State Universities: Increases monetary threshold for continuing contracts for professional services; increases monetary threshold for utilization of funds for replacement of minor facilities; revises provisions relating to matching & expenditure of funds under university facility challenge grant program."
- HB 641 - "Unemployment Compensation: Designates act "Accurate Employment Statistics Enhancement Act;" redefines term "employee leasing company" to reflect reporting requirements imposed by act"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House website.
Elections for the office of Florida House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 20, 2014. Joe Murray is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Steve Crisafulli is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Crisafulli won election in the 2012 election for Florida House of Representatives District 51. Crisafulli ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012, and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Crisafulli ran for re-election to the 32nd District seat in 2010. He did not have any opposition in the August 24 primary or in the general election. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Crisafulli won election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 32nd District, defeating Tony Sasso (D). Crisafulli received 44,495 votes in the election while Sasso received 40,758 votes. Crisafulli raised $351,665 for his campaign; Sasso raised $172,115.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 32|
|Steve Crisafulli (R)||44,495||52.2%|
|Tony Sasso (D)||40,758||47.8%|
Comprehensive donor information for Crisafulli is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Crisafulli raised a total of $722,886 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 29, 2013.
|Steve Crisafulli's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Florida State House, District 51||$255,546|
|2010||Florida State House, District 32||$115,675|
|2008||Florida State House, District 32||$351,665|
|Grand Total Raised||$722,886|
2012Crisafulli won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Crisafulli raised a total of $255,546.
|Florida House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Crisafulli's campaign in 2012|
|Hospital Corp of America||$2,000|
|Fpic Insurance Group||$1,000|
|Associated Builders & Contractors of Florida||$1,000|
|Delaware North Companies||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$255,546|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Crisafulli won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Crisafulli raised a total of $115,675.
|Florida House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Crisafulli's campaign in 2010|
|Florida Chamber of Commerce||$1,500|
|Entertainment Software Association||$1,000|
|Florida Association of Insurance Agents||$1,000|
|Southern Gardens Citrus Holding Corp||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$115,675|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2008Crisafulli won election to the Florida House of Representatives in 2008. During that election cycle, Crisafulli raised a total of $351,665.
|Florida House of Representatives 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Crisafulli's campaign in 2008|
|Florida Republican Party||$143,615|
|Crisafulli, Stephen D||$10,100|
|Florida Institute of Cpas||$5,000|
|Associated Builders & Contractors East Coast Chapter||$3,000|
|Florida Chamber of Commerce||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2008||$351,665|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Steve + Crisafulli + Florida + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida state legislative districts
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2008
- Steve Crisafulli on Facebook
- YouTube channel
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed July 14, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue Positions," accessed July 14, 2014
- Florida Dvision of Elections, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed June 23, 2014
- Florida Secretary of State Election Division, "Candidate List," accessed June 21, 2012
- Florida Department of Elections, "November 2, 2010, Election Results," November 2, 2010
- Florida Department of Elections, "Florida House Official Election Results," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "District 32 Florida House candidate funds, 2008," accessed July 14, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Crisafulli, Steve," accessed May 29, 2013
Larry Ahern (R)
|Florida House of Representatives District 51
| Succeeded by|
|Florida House of Representatives District 32
| Succeeded by|
Larry Metz (R)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |