|Connecticut State Senate District 34|
|Connecticut House of Representatives District 87|
Steve Fontana was a Democratic member of the Connecticut House of Representatives, representing the 87th District from 1997 to 2011. Fontana ran in the 2012 election for Connecticut State Senate District 34.
Fontana is a Legal Associate with Coltect Industries Incorporated. He has previously worked as a Consultant with Arthur Andersen and Company from 1989-1993, and a Production Manager with Queue Incorporated from 1985-1987. Title Examiner.
Fontana is Secretary of the Montowese Volunteer Fire Association, member of the North Haven Peter's Rock Park Association Board of Directors, and member of the Sons and Daughters of Italy.
- See also: Connecticut State Senate elections, 2012
Fontana ran in the 2012 election for Connecticut State Senate District 34. Fontana ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012. He was defeated by incumbent Leonard Fasano (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Connecticut State Senate, District 34, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Len Fasano Incumbent||58.1%||24,359|
Fontana ran for re-election to the 87th District seat in 2010. He was defeated by Dave Yaccarino (R) in the November 2 general election.
On November 4, 2008, Fontana won re-election to the Connecticut House of Representatives from Connecticut's 87th District, defeating Veronica Kivela (R). Fontana received 7,898 votes in the election while Kivela received 4,836 votes. Fontana raised $30,050 for his campaign; Kivela raised $30,502.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 87|
|Steve Fontana (D and WF)||7,898|
|Veronica Kivela (R)||4,836|
Listed below is the largest contributor to Steve Fontana's 2008 campaign.
- Steve Fontana's personal website
- Connecticut House Democrats - Rep. Steve Fontana
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Fontana
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Candidate List" accessed June 18, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," August 14, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012" accessed November 17, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "CT House official election results for 2008," November 5, 2008
- District 87 Connecticut House candidate funds, 2008
|Connecticut State House District 87
| Succeeded by|
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |