|Alabama House of Representatives, District 46|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Alabama State Senate District 15|
French was a Republican member of the Alabama State Senate, representing the 15th District from 1998 to 2010. He has previously worked on a number of Republican presidential campaigns including Bush/Cheney 2004 and 2000 and Bush/Quayle 1992. He was also the Regional Political Director of the Republican National Committee from 1991-1992 and Director of the Alabama Republican Party from 1988-1991. He received a Bachelor’s degree in Personnel and Industrial Relations from Auburn University.
French formerly served on the following committees:
- Finance and Taxation General Fund, Alabama Senate
- Health Committee, Alabama Senate
- Industrial Development and Recruitment Committee, Alabama Senate
- Local Legislation No. 2 Committee, Alabama Senate Vice Chairperson
- Rules Committee, Alabama Senate
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Pamela Blackmore-Jenkins, Steve French, Justin Barkley, and David Faulkner faced off in the Republican primary. Because no candidate received more than 50 percent of the vote, the top two vote-getters - French and Faulkner - will meet in a runoff election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 46 Republican Primary, 2014|
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
French ran for re-election to the 15th District seat in 2010. Slade Blackwell defeated him in the primary election, receiving 14,165 votes to French's 9,606.
French raised $282,800 for his campaign.
French raised $640,494 for his campaign, while Turner raised $0.
|Alabama State Senate, District 15 (2006)|
|Steve French (R)||37,003|
|John Turner (Lib)||4,675|
In 2006, French collected $282,800 in donations.
His eight largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Medical Association of the State of Alabama||$15,000|
|Alabama Associated General Contractors||$10,000|
|Alabama Forestry Association||$10,000|
|Free Enterprise PAC||$10,000|
|David H. Marsh||$10,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve +French + Alabama + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
French represented Alabama Senate District 15, which includes parts of Shelby and Jefferson counties.
French has four children and resides with his wife Elizabeth in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Project Vote Smart
- Official Senate Biography
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2006 Alabama Senate candidates," accessed April 15, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2002 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2002 Alabama Senate candidates," accessed April 15, 2014
- 2006 contributions to Steve French
- Alabama Senate District Map, 2001
|Alabama State Senate District 15
| Succeeded by|