|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 2B|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Fosston High School|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Green served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Capital Investment|
|• Environment and Natural Resources Policy|
|• Housing Finance and Policy|
Green's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Government of the people, for the people, by the people.
- Excerpt:"If we do not limit the government, we will lose the very thing that our country created for: Freedom. It is our right and we cannot let 'big government' take that away from us."
- Excerpt: "Even though State Representatives cannot make abortions illegal, we can fight for laws that would prevent taxpayers' money to fund these immoral acts."
- "Marriage is and should always be defined as between a man and a woman."
Repeal MN 25-25 Rule
- Excerpt: "This rule is the reason our heat, electric, and other energy bills have been increasing."
- Excerpt: "In rural Minnesota if you are not a small business owner, you probably work for one. If taxes are raised on these small business owners, it will mean more job losses in Minnesota. Let's not get pushed into a discussion on the best way to raise taxes, let's lower them across the board."
Socially responsible, yet competitive health care.
- Excerpt: "We need a review system and a less restrictive pay system in many cases (Tort reform.) This would end the large share of [malpractice] lawsuits and help bring down the costs a great deal. Illegal immigrants also add to the high costs of medical care. Providers also have to deal with a great amount of over regulation and mandatory paper work. We are also prohibited from buying health insurance across state lines. If Minnesotans were allowed this option the competition would also drive down costs."
Immigration and a controlled border
- Excerpt: "We need to strengthen our borders in order to protect ourselves. This does not mean building a great wall and locking it; but rather enforcing security to better guard our country. Another part of this is to enhance protection for those being effected (sic) by border jumpers, whether that means people within affected communities or those sent to guard the borders for us."
- Excerpt: "Education is not only teaching history, science, reading, math and writing. It is should also be the teaching of American ethics and values. Those values are reflected in the Constitution, The Federalists’ Papers and many of our countries’ founding documents."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014.
Green won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 2B. He defeated David Collins in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Brita Sailer (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 2B, General Election, 2012|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 2B Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Green is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Green raised a total of $38,620 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 29, 2013.
|Steve Green's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State House, District 2B||$13,615|
|2010||Minnesota State House, District 2A||$10,185|
|2008||Minnesota State House, District 2A||$14,820|
|Grand Total Raised||$38,620|
2012Green won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Green raised a total of $13,615.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Green's campaign in 2012|
|6th Congressional District RPM||$2,000|
|Hubbard County RPM||$900|
|Becker County RPM||$700|
|7th Congressional District RPM||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$13,615|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Green lost the election for the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Green raised a total of $10,185.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Green's campaign in 2010|
|Becker County Republican Party of Minnesota||$400|
|7th Congressional District Republican Party of Minnesota||$250|
|Norman County Independent Republican Party||$200|
|Total Raised in 2010||$10,185|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2008Green lost the election for the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2008. During that election cycle, Green raised a total of $14,820.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Green's campaign in 2008|
|Becker County Republican County||$1,500|
|Norman County Republican Party||$1,000|
|7th Congressional District Republican Party||$450|
|Mahnomen County Republican Party||$300|
|Total Raised in 2008||$14,820|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Steve + Green + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign Website, "Platform," accessed August 9, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Secretary of State Official general election results
- Follow the Money, "Green, Steve." Retrieved June 29, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
David Hancock (R)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 2B
| Succeeded by|