Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Texas, District 33|
Salazar's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "Steve is dedicated to rebuilding a strong middle-class and protecting the American Dream. This means supporting well-paying jobs, enacting trade policies with China that level the playing field for the American worker, and eliminating the tax incentives that lead corporations to ship jobs overseas."
- Tax Fairness for the Middle Class
- Excerpt: "Steve will fight to repeal the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy, pass the "Buffet Rule," and to ensure that big corporations pay their fair share of taxes."
- Fighting Special Interests
- Excerpt: "Steve is committed to fighting corruption in Wall Street and Washington, ending the misuse of federal funds to benefit big corporations that take jobs overseas while they evade taxes in America."
- Energy and the Environment
- Excerpt: "Steve supports Pres. Obama in his efforts to reduce oil dependency from foreign countries. In Congress, he will push for clean energy and technologies to create green jobs that allow us to be more competitive across the world and energy independent at home."
- Excerpt: "The son of a Mexican immigrant, Steve is an avid supporter of the DREAM Act and Comprehensive Immigration Reform and will work to fix our broken immigration system, providing a fair path to citizenship for the millions of potential new Americans that currently live in the shadows."
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |