|Illinois State Senate District 34|
|2013 - Present|
|January 11, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin-Madison|
Stadelman has been a news anchor/reporter for WTVO-TV Channel 17 since May 1987. He earned his BA in journalism from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Stadelman served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations II|
|• Committee of the Whole|
|• Human Services|
|• State Government & Veterans Affairs, Vice-chair|
Stadelman's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Job creation and development are a top priority. Steve believes in an innovative approach to jobs, one that emphasizes the natural connection to education. The Rockford area continues to have one of the highest unemployment rates in the state, and Steve offers a series of strategies for creating jobs that also involves downtown redevelopment, transportation improvements and incentives for small businesses..."
- The Budget
- Excerpt: "Fixing budgetary problems requires a multifaceted approach. Steve believes in the collective bargaining rights of public employees, but he recognizes that reform must come from negotiation and the sharing of sacrifices. He will fight for budget solutions that benefit the middle class..."
- Good Government
- Excerpt: "As a television reporter and news anchor, Steve spent 25 years advocating for viewers’ interests and keeping a watchful eye on government. He will do the same for voters in the 34th District as State Senator. Steve believes in legislative accountability, and he supports abolishing the abused legislative scholarship program."
- Excerpt: "As the father of four children, Steve Stadelman has a specific interest in assuring high-quality public education. He will fight to get schools the resources they need. Steve believes that we need to do a better job of preparing our students for college and careers because there’s no better investment in our future."
- Excerpt: "Older adults deserve to have affordable and reliable health care, financial security and a dignified quality of life. Steve believes in the rights of seniors."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Stadelman won election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 34. Stadelman defeated Dan Lewandowski, Glenn Patterson and Marla Wilson in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012 and defeated Frank Gambino (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 34, General Election, 2012|
|Illinois State Senate Democratic Primary, 2012|
Stadelman's campaign website listed the following endorsements:
- Nancy Kalchbrenner, Former President, Rockford Board of Education
- Mary Jo Powers, Rockford
- Stephen Goers, Rockford
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Stadelman is married and has four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Steve + Stadelman + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- YMCA Launches New Video Channel - Rockford Register Star (blog)
- Thanks to senator's staff for help with mental health issue - Rockford Register Star
- Illinois senators vote to keep under-18s out of tanning salons - Rockford Register Star
- Smoking ban could reach state-funded campuses - WREX.com ? Rockford's ... - WREX-TV
- State lawmakers have a month to come up with concealed carry law - WREX-TV
- Our View : Tanning beds , speed and guns in editorial stew - Rockford Register Star
- Will Rockford get its casino license? - Rockford Register Star (blog)
- Poverty 101: Rockford Public Schools - WREX-TV
- Education Funding for Chicago Hurts Stateline Schools - WQRF FOX 39 Rockford - MyStateline.com
- Letter: Celebrate Workers Memorial Day April 29 - Rockford Register Star
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Steve Stadelman on LinkedIn
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign Twitter account
- Campaign YouTube
- ↑ LinkedIn, "Steve Stadelman," accessed January 11, 2012
- ↑ Steve Stadelman, "Issues," accessed October 21, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- ↑ Steve Stadelman, "Steve's Supporters," accessed October 21, 2012
Dave Syverson (R)
|Illinois Senate District 34
| Succeeded by|