|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 12|
|December 1, 2012-present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$131/day during session|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Westfall served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Senior Citizen Issues|
|• Banking and Insurance|
|• Joint Education|
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 13, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. Mike Bright was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Steve Westfall defeatd John Kessell in the Republican primary. Bright will face Westfall in the general election.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 12 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Steve Westfall Incumbent||75.4%||952|
Westfall ran in the 2012 election for West Virginia House of Delegates, District 12. Westfall ran unopposed in the May 8 primary election and was challenged by Jo Boggess Phillips and Justin Johnson in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 12, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jo Boggess Phillips||45.2%||3,131|
Comprehensive donor information for Westfall is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Westfall raised a total of $11,555 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 25, 2013.
|Steve Westfall's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||West Virginia State House, District 12||$11,555|
|Grand Total Raised||$11,555|
2012Westfall won election to the West Virginia House of Delegates in 2012. During that election cycle, Westfall raised a total of $11,555.
|West Virginia House of Delegates 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Westfall's campaign in 2012|
|West Virginia Chamber of Commerce||$1,000|
|West Virginia State Farm Agents||$1,000|
|Taffer, Mary Ann||$600|
|West Virginia Hospital Association||$550|
|Total Raised in 2012||$11,555|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the West Virginia State Legislature was in session from January 8 through March 10.
- Regenerate WV - House only
- Legislators are scored on their votes for or against Regenerate WV's position.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on lawsuit-related legislation.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on the Water Resources Protection Act and its amendments.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Steve + Westfall + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia House of Delegates
- West Virginia House Committees
- West Virginia Joint Committees
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- Delegate Office Website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Candidate search," accessed April 30, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 18, 2014
- WBOY.com, "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 8, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Westfall, Steve," accessed July 25, 2013
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |