|North Dakota House of Representatives District 21|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||12|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Moorhead State University, 1977|
|Birthday||September 30, 1951|
|Place of birth||Montevideo, MN|
Zaiser earned his B.A. in Americal Studies Organizational Development from Moorhead State University in 1977. His professional experience includes working as a part-time job developer with Productive Alternatives prior to retirement. Zaiser has also worked as a planning director, manager and executive director.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Zaiser served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Finance and Taxation|
|• Government and Veterans Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Zaiser served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Finance and Taxation|
|• Political Subdivisions|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Zaiser served on the following committee:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Political Subdivisions|
Zaiser won re-election to one of two seats in District 21 of the North Dakota House of Representatives. Zaiser and Kathy Hogan (D) defeated Rachael Disrud (R) and Jay Schmallen (R) in the November 2 general election.
|North Dakota State House, District 21|
|Kathy Hogan (D)||1,628|
|Steve Zaiser (D)||1,524|
|Rachael Disrud (R)||1,464|
|Jay Schmallen (R)||1,200|
|North Dakota House of Representatives, District 21|
|Steve Zaiser (D-NPL)||1,755|
|Jasper Schneider (D-NPL)||1,847|
|Rachael Disrud (R)||1,252|
|Sally M Sandvig (R)||1,152|
In 2010, Zaiser received $2,875 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|North Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Zaiser's campaign in 2010|
|House Democratic-NPL Caucus Of North Dakota||$650|
|Boilermakers Local 647||$600|
|North Dakota Long Term Care Association||$300|
|North Dakota Public Employees Association||$300|
|North Dakota Education Association||$275|
|Total Raised in 2010||$2,875|
In 2006, Zaiser collected $2,325 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2006.
|FARGO-MOORHEAD AREA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS||$500|
|NORTH DAKOTA HOUSE DEMOCRATIC CAUCUS||$400|
|NORTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF RURAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVES||$400|
NDPC: North Dakota Legislative Review
The North Dakota Policy Council, a North Dakota-based nonprofit research organization which describes itself as "liberty-based", published the North Dakota Legislative Review, a comprehensive report on how state legislators voted during the 2011 legislative session. The scorecard seeks to show how North Dakota legislators voted on the principles the Council seeks to promote. The Council recorded and scored votes on both spending bills and policy bills, and awarded points accordingly. Policy issues voted upon included income tax cuts, pension reform, and government transparency. On spending legislation, the Council accorded a percentage score based on how much spending the legislator voted against. On policy legislation, scores range from the highest score (100%) to the lowest (0%). A higher score indicates that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Council. Zaiser received a score of 14.81% on policy legislation and voted against 17.17% of state spending. Zaiser was ranked 74th on policy and 9th on spending, out of 94 House members evaluated for the study.
Zaiser has two children and currently resides in Fargo, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + Zaiser + North + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Dakota House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Representative Zaiser on State Surge
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002
- - Project Smart Vote, "Biography of Rep. Zaiser," accessed May 23, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 General Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2006 General Election Results," accessed May 22, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council, "The North Dakota Legislative Review - 2011," accessed January 20, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council "2011 North Dakota Legislative Review Rankings," accessed January 26, 2014
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |