|Massachusetts State House, Fourth Middlesex District|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Master's||Finance, Boston College, 1992|
|Place of birth||Revere, MA|
Levy is the owner of Ledger Plus Accounting and Finance in Marlborough, Massachusetts.
Levy graduated from Baylor University in 1987 with a BBA in Accounting, and from Boston College in 1992, with an MBA in Finance.
Levy's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"As State Representative I will continue to roll up my sleeves and do the hard work to keep our taxes down while maintaining quality services."
- Excerpt:"As State Representative, I will call for all deliberations on Beacon Hill to take place in the public eye and will call upon my colleagues to be open and forthright."
Job Creation and Economic Development
- Excerpt:"As State Representative, I will partner with our local businesses to help grow our local economy and fight to protect them on Beacon Hill in order to keep our community jobs and economy safe."
- Excerpt:"As State Representative I will help our state eliminate waste and inefficiency so that we can restore local aid, and so we can invest in our communities through such things as education and public safety."
Child Protection Laws
- Excerpt:"As State Representative, I will make the passage of Child Protection Laws a priority for the Commonwealth. We need strong laws against those who prey upon childen, and to make sure our judges can't release dangerous offenders back into our communities."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Levy served on the following committees:
- Bonding, Capital Expenditures and State Assets
- Revenue Joint Committee
- State Administration and Regulatory Oversight Joint Committee
Levy ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Fourth Middlesex District. Levy was unopposed in the September 6 Republican primary and was defeated by Danielle Gregoire (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fourth Middlesex District, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Danielle Gregoire Incumbent||50.6%||9,135|
In 2010, Levy raised $34,321 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Levy, Steven L||$2,500|
|Massachusetts Independent Pac For Working Families||$1,000|
|Citizens For Limited Taxation||$1,000|
|Weld, Walter H||$1,000|
Levy and his wife Sharon have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Steven + Levy + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- An Alternative to the Gang of 8? - Daily Caller
- $4 million conference taught IRS employees how to be 'direct,' 'honest,' 'open ... - Daily Caller
- VA disability claims for sleep apnea skyrocket in recent years - Daily Caller
- Leaders with Ginni Thomas: Dennis Michael Lynch - Daily Caller
- Michelle Obama heckled at DNC event, threatens to leave - Daily Caller
- HUFFPOST HILL - Coalition Of The Wheeling - Huffington Post
- How to answer the IRS - Daily Caller
- Fireworks between Brit Hume, Juan Williams over Holder's role in FNC-Rosen ... - Daily Caller
- Dole to GOP: They ought to put a sign up that says 'closed for repairs until ... - Daily Caller
- Durbin not sure if bloggers should be 'entitled to constitutional protection ... - Daily Caller
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- House website
- Steven Levy blog
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Steven Levy on Facebook
- Steven Levy on Twitter
- ↑ [WEBSITEURL "WEBSITE NAME," Official Campaign Website]
- ↑ 2012 State Primary Candidate List "Massachusetts Secretary of State," Accessed June 27, 2012
- ↑ Metro West Daily News "Local legislators weigh in on in-state tuition debate" November 17, 2010
- ↑ 2010 contributions
Danielle Gregoire (D)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Fourth Middlesex District
| Succeeded by|
Danielle Gregoire (D)
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Public Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |