Steven S. Choi
|Steven S. Choi|
|Mayor of Irvine|
|December 11, 2012 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||2 terms (4 years)|
|Irvine City Council|
|Trustee, Irvine Unified School District|
|Bachelor's||Kyung Hee University|
|Master's||Louisiana State University|
|Ph.D.||University of Pittsburgh|
Choi earned his B.A. from Kyung Hee University in Seoul, South Korea, his M.A. in Library Science from Louisiana State University and his Ph.D. in Library and Information Science from the University of Pittsburgh. His professional experience includes working as a Peace Corps language instructor, college professor and operating Kumon Math and Reading Centers.
The city of Irvine, California will hold elections for mayor on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was August 8, 2014. If an eligible incumbent did not file by August 8, 2014, the filing period was extended to 5:00 p.m. August 13, 2014. Incumbent Steven S. Choi will face Katherine Daigle and Mary Ann Gaido.
Choi and his wife, Janie, have two children: Daniel and Michelle.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Steven + Choi + Irvine.
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- City of Irvine, "Biography," accessed April 24, 2014
- City of Irvine, "General Municipal Election Information," accessed June 17, 2014
- City of Irvine, "Official Candidate List," accessed on August 26, 2014
- Secretary of State, 2010 General Election Results
- Secretary of State, 2010 Primary Election Results
|Mayor of Irvine
| Succeeded by|