|South Dakota House District 4|
|2005 - 2013|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||South Dakota State University, 1972|
|Date of birth||09/04/1950|
|Place of birth||Ortonville, MN|
Street earned his B.A. from South Dakota State University in 1972.
Street is a farmer.
Street joined the South Dakota State House of Representatives in 2005. He has served in that position since, representing the 4th District. Street has a wife, Gail.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Street served on the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
- Transportation Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Street served on the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, South Dakota House
- Transportation Committee, South Dakota House
Street ran for re-election in the 2012 election for South Dakota State Senate District 4. Street ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5 and was defeated by incumbent Tim Begalka (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 4, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Tim Begalka Incumbent||61%||6,603|
|Democratic||Steven Street Incumbent||39%||4,227|
Street ran for re-election to one of two seats in District 4 of the South Dakota House of Representatives. Also running were fellow incumbent Valentine Rausch (R) and James Gilkerson (R). Valentine Rausch (R) and Steve Street (D) won election in the November 2 general election.
|South Dakota State House, District 4 (2010)|
|Valentine Rausch (R)||5,437||39.65%|
|Steve Street (D)||4,377||31.92%|
|James Gilkerson (R)||3,900||28.44%|
In 2010, Street received $11,843 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below:
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Street's campaign in 2010|
|South Dakota Corn Growers Association||$1,500|
|Deuel County Democrats||$600|
|South Dakota Association Of Realtors||$500|
|South Dakota Association Of Healthcare Organizations||$500|
|South Dakota Education Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$11,843|
In 2008, Street collected $7,175 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|South Dakota Corn Growers Association||$1,000|
|South Dakota Education Association||$750|
|South Dakota Trucking Association||$300|
|South Dakota Telecommunications Association||$300|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + Street + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Steve Street
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State's official list of state candidates, 2010
- South Dakota House of Representatives Official General Election Results, 2010
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2008 contributions to Steve Street
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 4
| Succeeded by|