|Utah House of Representatives District 17|
|September 1, 2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$96/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||September 1, 2011|
|Bachelor's||University of Utah|
- 1 Committee assignments
- 2 Issues
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Scorecards
- 6 Recent news
- 7 See Also
- 8 External links
- 9 References
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Barlow served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services|
Barlow's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Taxes And The Economy
- Excerpt: "Utah’s balanced budget law ensures that state government lives within its means. However, that doesn’t stop government from increasing “the pie” by raising taxes, I will stand strongly in opposition to tax increases."
- Excerpt: "Government should not be in the health care business. The free market approach is preferable to leaving decisions to bureaucrats. More freedom to choose and innovate will keep our health care the best in the world."
- Excerpt: "I believe in respect for the rule of law. We cannot turn a blind eye to the problems created by illegal immigration but we must balance this with the realities we now face since the federal government has been derelict in its duty to protect our borders."
- Excerpt: "A vibrant economy depends on a well-educated work force and in order for our state to remain competitive we must focus on continual improvement of our education system. I believe we are moving into a new and exciting education world thanks to online learning."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 24, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Eric Last is unopposed in the Democratic convention. Incumbent Stewart Barlow will face Scott Balaich in the Republican convention.
Barlow won re-election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 17. Barlow was unopposed in the June 26 Republican primary and defeated Bonnie Peterson Flint (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Stewart Barlow Incumbent||70.7%||11,205|
|Democratic||Bonnie Peterson Flint||29.3%||4,652|
Comprehensive donor information for Barlow is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Barlow raised a total of $16,810 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 14, 2013.
|Stewart Barlow's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Utah State House, District 17||$16,810|
|Grand Total Raised||$16,810|
2012Barlow won election to the Utah House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Barlow raised a total of $16,810.
|Utah House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stewart Barlow's campaign in 2012|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$3,500|
|Utah Society Of Anesthesiologists||$2,000|
|Utah House Republican Elections Cmte||$1,000|
|Pcm Venture I||$1,000|
|Utah Medical Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$16,810|
|Source:Follow the Money|
The Libertas Institute Index
The Libertas Institute is a libertarian-leaning think tank located in Utah. Each year the organization releases a Legislative Index for Utah State Representatives and Senators.
Stewart Barlow received an index rating of 47%.
Stewart Barlow received an index rating of 48%.
The Sutherland Institute Scorecard
The Sutherland Institute, "a conservative public policy think tank" in Utah, releases its Scorecard for Utah State Representatives and Senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Sutherland Institute thought were pro-conservative policies.
Stewart Barlow received a score of 100% in the 2012 scorecard.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stewart + Barlow + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives Committees
- Utah Joint Committees
- Utah House of Representatives District 17
- Official House website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- votedrbarlow, "Official Campaign Website," accessed March 29, 2014
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 Candidate Filings," accessed March 22, 2014
- Lieutenant Governor's Office, "Utah 2012 candidate filings," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Barlow, Stewart," accessed June 14, 2013
- Libertas Institute, "Legislator Indexes," accessed January 21, 2014
- Sutherland Institute, "2012 Legislative Session," accessed March 29, 2014
- Sutherland Institute, "Legislative Socrecard," accessed March 29, 2014
|Utah House of Representatives District 17
| Succeeded by|