Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Maine State Senate, District 26|
|Died||September 4, 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maine State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. William Diamond was unopposed in the Democratic primary. David Call was unopposed in the Republican primary but withdrew afterwards. Stuart Pennels was selected to replace Call on the general election ballot, but withdrew following an August 3 motorcycle accident; Pennels died from injuries sustained in the accident on September 4. Kaile Warren (R) was then named to the general election ballot. Diamond faces Warren in the general election.
Pennels ran in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 111. Pennels ran unopposed in the June 12 Republican primary and was defeated by Jane Pringle (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 111, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stuart + Pennels + Maine + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Senate
- Maine State Senate elections, 2014
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine State Senate District 26
- Maine Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Candidate List," April 4, 2014
- Portland Press Herald, "Army vet, Maine Senate candidate from Casco dies from accident injuries," September 4, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 13, 2012
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |