Arizona State Senate, District 8
Turnansky was a candidate for the Arizona State Senate in 2004.
Turnansky earned his BA from the University of California in 1973. He is currently employed as a Physician.
- See also: Arizona State Senate elections, 2010
|Arizona State Senate, District 8 General Election (2010)|
|Michele Reagan (R)||52,532|
|Stuart Turnansky (D)||22,570|
Turnansky lists the following issues on his website:
- Excerpt: "We owe it to our children and our future to improve our educational standards by funding all day kindergarten, reducing class size and properly investing in our teachers and support staff so that we may recruit and retain the best educators for our chiildren."
- Excerpt: "We can improve the quality of healthcare in this state by expanding access to healthcare services for everyone, reducing the skyrocketing costs of insurance premiums and prescription medication, responsibly providing adequate mental healthcare and focusing more on longterm care."
- Excerpt: "We must recognize that without a good education, our working people and children will not be prepared for high paying jobs and the state will lose out on attracting the type of industries that support high wage jobs. "
- Stuart Turnansky's campaign website
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Full list of candidates filed for the Arizona primary