Sullivan Township Tax Rate Quesiton (November 2012)
This question would have authorized the Township of Sullivan to levy a new property tax of .10% of assessed valuation in order to fund the cemetery of the township.
|Sullivan Township Tax Rate Question|
Election results from Livingston County Election Results Summary.
Text of measure
Language on the ballot:
|“||Shall Sullivan Township, Livingston County, Illinois be authorized to levy a new tax for cemetery fund purposes and have an additional tax of .10% of the equalized assessed value of the taxable property therein extended for such purposes?
Text from ballot:
1. The approximate amount of taxes extendable at the most recently extended limiting rate is $74,834.75, and the approximate amount of taxes extendable if the proposition is approved is $88,987.08.
2. For the 2013 levy year the approximate amount of the additional tax extendable against property containing a single family residence and having a fair market value at the time of the referendum of $100,000 is estimated to be $42.22.
3. Based upon an average annual percentage increase (or decrease) in the market value of such property of 4.24%, the approximate amount of the additional tax extendable against such property for the 2014 levy year is estimated to be $51.48 and for the 2015 levy year is estimated to be $61.14, and for the 2016 levy year is estimated to be $71.20.
4. If the proposition is approved, the aggregate extension for 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 will be determined by the limiting rate set forth in the proposition, rather than the otherwise applicable limiting rate calculated under the provisions of the Property Tax Extension Limitation Law (commonly known as the Property Tax Cap law).
- Livingston County Sample Ballot
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |