Sultan "Sam" Ahmad
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for District 58
of the California State Assembly
Ahmad's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Unemployment in California is hovering around 11%, more than the national average. Sacramento, under previous Republican Administration has created an unprecedented uncertainty with runaway deficit that was out of control. Businesses, small or large, shied away to invest in local economy."
- Reduce Debt, Cut Spending And Fair Federal And State Tax
- Excerpt: "The national debt and unfair tax burden on poor and on those who make far less is the biggest challenge to our Republic. The previous Republican government of State of California, due to it’s partisan and failed policies, had plunged the economy and the financial system into chaos. "
- Excerpt: "America is a Nation of Immigrants. We take pride in this notion. Immigrants are the pillars. An immigrant myself, I believe that when it comes to immigration, we have to see both sides. Immigration policy should be humane."
- Excerpt: "With sky rocketed gasoline prices on gas stations across the nation, the situation in California is far worst. Californians drive more than the average American. They drive long distances to their work place. There isn’t enough means of alternative transportation they could use."
- See also: California State Assembly elections, 2012
Ahmad ran in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 58. He was eliminated in the blanket primary on June 5, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 58 Blanket Primary, 2012
|| Tom Calderon
|| Daniel Crespo
|| Luis Marquez
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Sultan + Ahmad + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Sultan Ahmad News Feed