Sunnyvale School District parcel tax, Measure B (May 2011)
Measure B levies a parcel tax of $59 per parcel for seven years starting on July 1, 2011.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for approval.
Measure B represents the first time that voters in the Sunnyvale School District have been asked to approve a parcel tax measure.
- Election results from the Santa Clara County elections office as of May 10.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|MEASURE B: To support and maintain classroom programs including math, English, science and technology; to minimize the loss of teaching positions and to minimize increases in class size; shall the Sunnyvale School District be authorized to collect a qualified special tax at an annual cost of $59 per parcel for seven years beginning July 1, 2011, with all expenditures audited and reviewed by a citizens’ oversight committee, offering a senior exemption with no funds spent on administrators?|
- Measure B voter information pamphlet
- List of May 3, 2011 Santa Clara County ballot measures
- Support Sunnyvale Schools
- San Francisco Chronicle, "Dave Pine voted San Mateo supe; school taxes pass," May 4, 2011
- Effective Governance Teams, "May 3 School Parcel Tax Results," May 3, 2011
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.