|North Carolina House of Representatives District 18|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
She has worked in North Carolina as a historic preservation planner and a long range city planner for projects that include the effort to redevelop downtown Wilmington. In 2001, she became the Executive Director of Wilmington Downtown Inc., and in 2007 she became the founder and CEO of Hamilton Planning.
Hamilton has a B.A. in History from UNC Chapel Hill and a Master's Degree in Public Administration from UNC Wilmington. She and her husband Steve live in Wilmington with their daughter, Parker Elizabeth.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hamilton served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Public Utilities and Energy, Vice-chair|
|• Rules, Calendar, and Operations of the House|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hamilton served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
Hamilton ran for re-election in 2012. She defeated James A. Knox in the May 8, 2012 Democratic primary. She defeated Louis Harmati (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 18, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Susan Hamilton Incumbent||66.5%||22,588|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 18 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Susan Hamilton Incumbent||70.3%||4,798|
|James A. Knox||29.7%||2,028|
On November 2, 2010 Hamilton won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives. Hamilton defeated James Utley in the May 4 Democratic primary by a margin of 1,753-1,692. Hamilton defeated Mary Dawson (R) in the general election on November 2.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, General Election Results, District 18 (2010)|
|Susan Hamilton (D)||10,097||57.05%|
|Beth Dawson (R)||7,600||42.95%|
|North Carolina House of Representatives May 4 Primary, District 18, 2010|
|Susan Hamilton (D)||1,753|
|James Utley (D)||1,692|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Hamilton raised a total of $70,592 in campaign contributions.
Her largest four campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|Lillians List of North Carolina||$7,000|
|Joe Hackney for House Cmte||$4,000|
|Craige, Lawrence S||$2,000|
Hamilton and her husband Steve have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Susan + Hamilton + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Prince Harry as Elvis; Sex Trade Survivors: DC Scene - Bloomberg
- MOVIES [Commercial Appeal (Memphis, TN) - HispanicBusiness.com]
- Axe Attack Victim Released From Halifax Hospital - Huffington Post - Huffington Post Canada
- Shane Franklin Miller, Man Accused Of Killing Wife And Young Daughters ... - Huffington Post
- Bodies Found On Kansas Farm: Police Investigate Deaths Of Woman, 2 Men - Huffington Post
- ProfNet Roundup: 2013 Commencement Speakers - Sacramento Bee
- Jessica Heeringa: Second Surveillance Video Of Van Released In Missing ... - Huffington Post
- Jessica Heeringa Update: Police Release Surveillance Footage Of Van, 911 ... - Huffington Post
- Sunil Tripathi Body Found: Missing Brown University Student Identified ... - Huffington Post
- Orofino, Idaho Home Fire Kills 5, Started By Extension Cord Hooked To Electric ... - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Official Campaign facebook page
- Official campaign twitter page
|North Carolina House - District 18
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |
Public Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |