|New Jersey General Assembly, District 10|
|Bachelor's||Rutgers Newark, 1973|
Kane graduated with a B.A. in Economics from Rutgers Newark in 1973 and attended Middlesex County College, studying Accounting and Business Law from 1975 to 1977. She worked in corporate accounting from 1973 until 2008.
In a biographical submission to Ballotpedia, Kane outlined her political philosophy:
- "I stand with my fellow Democrats and support: Planned Parenthood to provide affordable women’s healthcare; tax breaks for middle class families NOT the wealthiest New Jerseyans; improving public education and better supporting our teachers. I want to ensure commonsense gun laws enacted and enforced. I also want to reduce the high unemployment rate in the Garden State by working on our infrastructure. I want to bring positive change and growth back to New Jersey."
Kane's campaign website stated that she "supports quality education and believes that job growth is the key to rebuilding the shore and turning the Jersey economy around."
Kane ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 10. Kane was bracketed with Amber Gesslein. She was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. She was defeated by incumbent Dave Wolfe (R) and incumbent Gregory P. McGuckin (R) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
In 2013, Kane’s endorsements included the following:
- The New Jersey AFL-CIO
Kane has been involved with the Ocean County Democrat Women's Caucus, the Democrat Club of Whiting, and the Ocean County Democrats.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Susan + Kane + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Susan Kane Official Campaign Website
- Susan Kane bio at Project vote smart
- Kane and Gesslein campaign on twitter
- Susan Kane's LinkedIn profile
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates," accessed April 15, 2013
- "Susan Kane Official Campaign Website," accessed May 7, 2013
- Biographical submission to Ballotpedia, August 12, 2013
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
- PolitickerNJ.com, "AFL-CIO endorses candidates for elections," accessed September 4, 2013
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |