Susan M. Randall
|Former candidate for|
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Randall's campaign website highlights the following issues:
On Economic Development…
- Excerpt: "Adequate investment in education, strong linkages between local business and our schools, and business innovation are the path to growing successful business today that become our large employers and wealth creators of tomorrow."
- Excerpt: "South Dakota has dodged the opportunity to insure our lowest income citizens under the Affordable Care Act. This is morally wrong and economically short sighted, given the huge influx of federal dollars pledged to provide such life-saving care to our most vulnerable citizens. We should say YES and fully participate in this opportunity for our citizens."
- Excerpt: "I will make education a priority for our children and for the viability of our community and our economy. We need leadership that will work with our school boards, school administrators, teachers, students and parents to build and sustain vibrant schools performing successfully for the 21st century."
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Susan M. Randall and Ellee Spawn were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Arch Beal and Alex Jensen defeated Kevin O'Connell and Scott Bartlett in the Republican primary. Beal and Jensen defeated Randall and Spawn in the general election.
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 12, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Susan M. Randall||25.3%||3,181|
|Source: South Dakota Secretary of State|
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 12 Republican Primary, 2014|
|D. Scott Bartlett||18%||389|
Randall ran in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 12. Randall ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5 and was defeated in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Susan + Randall + South Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota state legislative districts
- South Dakota State Senate elections, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," May 2, 2014
- Susan Randall for House, "News and Views," accessed September 25, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Official Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results - November 4, 2014," accessed November 12, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2012