|Nebraska State Senate District 3|
|Associate's||Community College of the Air Force, 1997|
|J.D.||Creighton University School of Law, 2005|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||21|
McNamara's professional experience includes working as a self employed attorney with a focus on family law, collaborative divorce, and bankruptcy; associate attorney at Berry Law Firm, focusing on veterans' disability claims; and Russian linguist in the United States Air Force, serving from 1980 to 2001.
McNamara earned her A.A. from the Community College of the Air Force in 1997, her B.S. from Excelsior in 2000, and her J.D. from Creighton University School of Law in 2005.
McNamara's website highlights the following campaign themes:
A Voice for Veterans
- Excerpt:"Whether a veteran saw combat or not, we owe those who served our country a debt of gratitude. To keep these highly-skilled workers in our state, we should reward employers who hire unemployed veterans and support veterans and their families who need assistance transitioning from military life to private careers. "
A Commitment to Taxpayers
- Excerpt:"Our property taxes are too high. We need to preserve and expand existing property tax relief programs by increasing efficiency in government. By demanding accountability for corporate tax loopholes and giveaways, we can put money back in taxpayers’ pockets, where it belongs."
A Promise to Our Children
- Excerpt:"A healthy and productive public school system prepares our youth to compete in an increasingly global environment. We must seek more state support for our schools to both increase the quality of education as well as reduce pressure on local property taxes."
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2012
McNamara ran for election in the 2012 election for District 3 of the Nebraska Unicameral. McNamara was unopposed in the May 15 primary election and was defeated by incumbent Scott Price in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nebraska State Senate, District 3, General Election, 2012|
|Nonpartisan||Scott Price Incumbent||56%||6,997|
McNamara and her husband, Patrick, have two children; Stephanie and Henry.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Suzanne + McNamara + Nebraska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Suzanne McNamara on Facebook
- Suzanne McNamara on Twitter
- Suzanne McNamara on LinkedIn