Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 107|
Shumway's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"It will take a fair taxation system to support the investment we need to make in our economy to make it productive and sustainable."
- Excerpt:"Our environment is too precious to risk; it’s our way of life here in N. Michigan. We have an obligation to protect it, providing the kind of stewardship that will ensure that our children and grandchildren can enjoy the same natural beauty that we do."
- Excerpt:"The assaults on public education must end. We need legislators who understand that education is not a corporation, and that it should never be run, or funded, as if it were one. Our legislators must see that winner-take-all rewards have no place in education, nor do punishments for those schools that don’t perform according to an artificially imposed standard."
- Excerpt:"These men and women need our help. It’s our responsibility to make sure that support services are there for them and for their dependents."
Shumway ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 107. She defeated Jim Martin in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Frank Foster (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 107, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Frank Foster Incumbent||58%||25,301|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 107 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Shumway and her husband Michael have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Suzanne + Shumway + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |