|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 35|
|December 1, 2012 – present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$131/day during session|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||West Virginia State University|
|Place of birth||Kanawha County, West Virginia|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Raines served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Senior Citizen Issues|
|• Energy, Industry and Labor, Economic Development and Small Business|
|• Joint Education|
Raines's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We can create a West Virginia that allows our current businesses to grow while simultaneously ushering in new businesses."
- Excerpt: "I vow to only support legislation where the students’ best interests are at the heart of the legislation."
- Cut Wasteful Spending
- Excerpt: "By budgeting more wisely, we can use money saved to address some of the challenges that have long faced our state, such as repairing Secondary Roads, increasing teacher pay, and cutting taxes."
- Excerpt: "I will support measures that put the safety of our workforce first and foremost, and protect West Virginians’ ability to work and provide for their families."
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 13, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. Andrew Byrd, Thornton Cooper, Bobbie Hatfield and Sherri Wong defeated John Caudill, IV, David Harless, Bret Nida, Joe Wallace and Gary Winter in the Democratic primary. Incumbents J.B. McCuskey, Eric Nelson, and Suzette Raines and Chris Stansbury defeated Richard McGinnis and Marie Sprouse-McDavid in the Republican primary. Byrd will face Cooper, Hatfield, Wong, McCuskey, Nelson, Raines, and Stansbury in the general election.
Raines won election in the 2012 election for West Virginia House of Delegates, District 35. Raines advanced past the May 8 primary election and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Raines is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Raines raised a total of $91,022 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 30, 2013.
|Suzette Raines's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||West Virginia State House, District 35||$91,022|
|Grand Total Raised||$91,022|
2012Raines won election to the West Virginia House of Delegates in 2012. During that election cycle, Raines raised a total of $91,022.
|West Virginia House of Delegates 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Suzette Raines's campaign in 2012|
|Raines, Suzette M||$19,911|
|West Virginia Appalachian Laborers District Council||$2,000|
|Hatfield, Bennett K||$2,000|
|West Virginia Chamber of Commerce||$1,750|
|American Electric Power||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$91,022|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Suzette + Raines + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia House of Delegates
- West Virginia House Committees
- West Virginia Joint Committees
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- Delegate Office Website
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Suzette Raines on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Suzette Raines, "Steps Forward," accessed April 24, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Candidate search," accessed April 30, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results," accessed June 18, 2014
- WBOY.com, "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 8, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Raines, Suzette," accessed July 30, 2013
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |