|South Carolina Public Service Commissioner|
|July 1, 2008 - Present|
|June 30, 2012|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||July 1, 2008|
|Appointed by||South Carolina General Assembly|
|Bachelor's||University of Georgia (1986)|
Whitfield is a 22 year veteran of the Transportation Industry. 16 of those years Whitfield worked as founder and owner of Whitfield Transportation, Inc., a transportation brokerage and trucking firm. Whitfield sold Whitfield Transportation, Inc. in July 2008 to devote full time service on the Public Service Commission.
- 1981-1982: Attended Erskine College as a freshman
- 1986: University of Georgia – BA degree in Industrial Geography
- NARUC Utility Rate School
- Regulatory Studies Program, Institute of Public Utilities - Michigan State University
Public Service Commission (2008-Present)
Whitfield was first appointed to the commission on July 1, 2008, and his current term expires on June 30, 2012. Due to redistricting, his term has been extended until the General Assembly elections are held in 2013.
Comprehensive donor information for Whitfield is available dating back to 2004. Based on available campaign finance records, Whitfield raised a total of $42,150 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 11, 2013.
|Swain Whitfield's Campaign Contribution History|
|2004||SC House of Representatives||$42,150|
|Grand Total Raised||$42,150|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Swain + Whitfield + South + Carolina"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- NCHSAA honors WNC coaches - Asheville Citizen-Times (blog)
- NCHSAA publishes list of 100 Coaches to Remember - News & Observer (blog)
- NCHSAA names top 100 high school coaches of its centennial - Durham Herald Sun
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
|South Carolina Public Service Commission
| Succeeded by|