|South Dakota State Senate District 24|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|South Dakota House District 24|
|2011 - 2013|
|Bachelor's||Central Methodist University, Fayette MO|
|Master's||University of Missouri|
His career has been spent in the field of education, where he worked as a university faculty member and administrator. He worked at Ball State University (Indiana) and then became the CEO of the South Dakota Public University System.
Perry earned his B.S. from Central Methodist University and his M.A. in Political Science from the University of Missouri.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Perry served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
- Retirement Laws Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
- Taxation Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
Elections for the office of South Dakota State Senate will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Ruth Rehn is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Jeff Monroe will face Tad Perry in the Republican primary.
Perry ran in the 2012 election for South Dakota State Senate District 24. Perry was defeated by Jeff Monroe in the Republican primary on June 5. No Democratic candidates filed for election. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Bob Gray (R) is retiring due to term limits.
|South Dakota State Senate District 24 Republican Primary, 2012|
|South Dakota State House, District 24 (2010)|
|Mark Venner (R)||5,635||36.90%|
|Tad Perry (R)||5,428||35.54%|
|Jodi R Owen (D)||4,209||27.56%|
In 2010, Perry raised $45,149 in contributions.
He contributed the most to his campaign, $1,294.
Perry and his wife Carolyn have four children and five grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tad + Perry + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official Campaign Website
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election - 6/3/2014," March 25, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 11, 2012
- The Republic, "Monroe narrowly ahead of Perry in Senate District 24; race within margin for recount," June 6, 2012
- Mitchell Republic, "Rep. Perry seeks recount after narrow defeat," June 13, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
- South Dakota House of Representatives Official General Election Results, 2010
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Tad Perry, South Dakota House of Representatives: Tad Perry's Biography
Ryan Olson (R), Tim Rounds (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 24
| Succeeded by|