Tahquamenon Area School District Operating Tax Levy Renewal Proposal (May 2013)
This measure authorized the Tahquamenon Area School District to renew a property tax levy of 18 mills ($18 per $1,000 of assessed valuation) for the year of 2013 in order to fund the operations of the district. The estimated revenue from this tax is $2,941,389.
|Tahquamenon School Tax Proposal|
- These results are from ABC10 news election results coverage
Text of measure
Language on the ballot:
|“||This proposal will allow the school district to continue to levy the statutory rate of 18 mills on all property, except principal residence and other property exempted by law, required for the school district to receive its revenue per pupil foundation allowance.
Shall the limitation on the amount of taxes which may be assessed against all property, except principal residence and other property exempted by law, in Tahquamenon Area Schools, Luce, Schoolcraft, Mackinac, and Chippewa Counties, Michigan, be increased by 18 mills ($18.00 per $1,000 of taxable valuation) for the year 2013, to provide funds for operating purposes; the estimate of the revenue the school district will collect if the millage is approved and levied in 2013 is approximately $2,941,389 (this renewal of millage which expired with the 2012 tax levy)?
- May 7, 2013 ballot measures in Michigan
- Chippewa County, Michigan ballot measures
- Luce County, Michigan ballot measures
- Mackinac County, Michigan ballot measures
- Schoolcraft County, Michigan ballot measures
- Michigan SoS Public Ballot Search
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |