|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 195|
Morgan's professional experience includes owning his own construction company. He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he spent time in campus leadership positions, including Vice President of the Undergraduate Student Government.
Morgan's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Quality Education Now!
- Excerpt:"While working to ensure that public education is fully funded, I would fight to also ensure that every child has options for obtaining a quality education from institutions with a proven track record of success. Our children deserve to be prepared for greatness. I will be the State Representative who is hands on with education, aggressively working to discover and implement solutions with the understanding that everyday that a solution is not found is a day that a child’s future is stalled."
- Excerpt:"It is imperative that our young people have access to an education that leaves them best prepared to participate in, initiate, and innovate changes in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. I would launch a district wide community based S.T.E.M education initiatives that is creative, fun and introduces young people to opportunities to be directly involved in S.T.E.M related activities locally and across the state and nation"
Jobs: Put people back to work
- Excerpt:"One of my top priorities as a state representative would be to get directly involved in helping to put the people in our community back to work by proposing legislation and partnerships that allows more entrepreneurs to turn their ideas into actual companies which employ people and keep our community vibrant and strong."
- Excerpt:"I would propose an increase in funding for career training grants and scholarships aimed at retooling and retraining our workforce. This funding would be targeted specifically at industries experience significant or in our city, state and region such as Techonology, and Healthcare. I would work with institutions of higher education to identify industries with projected growth and provide funding for high school students dropouts who seek alternative education options."
Public Safety & Wellness
- Excerpt:"I believe that the greatest deterrent to crime in addition to quality education, positive and structured recreation and employment is a healthy mind, body and a positive self image. My approach to public safety as a legislator and community organizer would be to target public and individual wellness as a means to crime reduction."
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 195 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Michelle Brownlee Incumbent||57.9%||4,392|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Takkeem + Morgan + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Right to Know Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |