|West Virginia House of Delegates District 3|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Hutchins earned his BA from Bowling Green State University in 1973. He went on to attend West Virginia University in 1977.
Hutchins was a teacher for the Ohio County Schools from 1973 to 1980. He then worked as a Consultant for the West Virginia Education Association from 1980 to 1986. He was also a Consultant for the Ohio Education Association from 1986 to 2004. He is currently a Labor Relations Consultant.
While a member of the West Virginia House of Delegates, Hutchins served on the following committees:
- Banking and Insurance Committee, West Virginia House
- Constitutional Revision Committee, West Virginia House
- Judiciary Committee, West Virginia House
- Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security Committee, West Virginia House
Hutchins did not seek re-election in 2010.
In 2008 Hutchins was re-elected to the West Virginia House District 3. Hutchins (D) finished with 8,495 votes. He was behind Orphy Klempa (D) with 9,236 votes and ahead of William Hefner (R) with 5,278 votes. Hutchins raised $18,750 for his campaign fund.
|West Virginia House District 3|
|Orphy Klempa (D)||9,236|
|Talmadge Hutchins (D)||8,495|
|William Hefner (R)||5,278|
Hutchins and his wife, Carmen, have two children.
- Official list of West Virginia's November 2, 2010 candidates
- West Virginia House of Delegates official candidate list
- West Virginia House of Delegates
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|West Virginia House of Representatives District 3
| Succeeded by|
Ryan Ferns (D)
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |