|Title:||Former judicial candidate|
|Candidate for:||Cherokee County Court|
|Election information 2014:|
Blair earned earned a B.A. in psychology with a minor in business administration and an M.S. in psychology.
- See also: Texas judicial elections, 2014
| Blair ran for election to the Cherokee County Court.
Primary: She was defeated in the Republican primary on March 4, 2014, receiving 26.7 percent of the vote. She competed against Chris Davis.
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2012
|Texas State Senate District 3 Republican Primary, 2012|
Blair's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I believe the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. I will work tirelessly to protect life from conception until natural death."
- Excerpt:"I believe in making a budget and sticking to it. I also believe that legislators should not be allowed to change accounting rules in an attempt to deceive the public into thinking that they are finally serious about spending and our unsustainable debt."
- Excerpt:"The proper role of government is to defend the life, liberty and property of the people. I believe that all persons have civil rights that should be protected by the rule of law, and not via regulation or judicial activism."
- Excerpt:"Our school districts must be able to recruit the “best of the best” when it comes to teachers and when those teachers are found, must have the ability to retain them without regard to bargaining agreements. I am strongly against illegal aliens receiving preferential treatment or funding for school."
Blair and her husband, Jim, have three children; Sarah, James, and Savannah.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tammy + Blair + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official Campaign Website
- Tammy Blair on Facebook
- Tammy Blair on Twitter
- Official website of Cherokee County, Texas
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County (A-L)"
- blairfortexas.com, "Meet Tammy," accessed February 17, 2015
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County (M-Z)" (Search "Cherokee")
- Cherokee County Board of Elections, "Primary Election Official Ballot," March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current Election History," accessed February 17, 2014
- Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012
- blairfortexas.com, "Issues," accessed February 17, 2015