|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for District 20
of the Wisconsin State Senate
On her campaign website, Lohr outlined the following four issues:
- "Strong communities grow jobs. For too long Wisconsin has been at the bottom nationwide when it comes to job creation and at the top when it comes to job losses. It’s time to restore our state’s proud tradition of innovation and fiscally responsible budget and tax policy that attracts job creators to our state and supports small business."
- "Strong communities provide children with a solid education so they can become productive, self-sufficient members of society. As the State Senator in District 20, I will work to properly fund our schools because I understand this funding is an investment in each community’s future. Cuts to education result in higher costs to communities because unskilled, uneducated adults place a higher demand on the welfare and prison systems."
- "Strong communities provide access to health care in an efficient, cost effective manner. As your State Senator, I will work to protect people’s access to health care because I understand that people need to be healthy in order to be productive. Communities suffer the consequences of cuts to health care in the form of lost time at work and school and the need to provide expensive, emergency care."
- "Strong communities value fairness and shared sacrifice during tough times. This is just as true for taxes as it is for any other issue. I will work hard as your State Senator to promote tax policies that are both fair and fiscally responsible. In today’s economy we simply cannot afford extravagant tax break give aways to some and expect others to make big sacrifices to pay for it."
- See also: Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2012
Lohr ran in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Senate, District 20. She was unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012 and defeated by incumbent Glenn Grothman (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 20, General Election, 2012
|| Tanya Lohr
||Glenn Grothman Incumbent
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tanya + Lohr + Wisconsin + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Tanya Lohr News Feed