|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 4th Congressional District
. She won the Democratic nomination and faced Republican incumbent Todd Rokita
in the general election.
Nelson lost to Republican incumbent Todd Rokita on November 6, 2012.
Nelson was born and raised in Lafayette, Indiana.
- Tippecanoe County Schools:
- Hershey Elementary
- East Tipp Middle School
- Harrison High School (2000)
- Professional Careers Institute (now Kaplan College)
- Technical Writer consultant at Eli Lilly Tippecanoe Laboratories (now Evonik)
- Great Lakes Chemical Corporation (now Chemtura)
- Global Supply Chain Purchasing
- Consultant at Bucher and Christian IT Consulting (now BCforward)
- Center of Excellence Change Management Analyst
- 2008:Test Lead
- 2010:Project Manager
- 2011:Project Manager Professional, Certified by Project Management Institute
- See also: Indiana's 4th Congressional District elections, 2012
Nelson ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Indiana's 4th District. Nelson defeated Lester Terry Moore in the May 8 Democratic primary and was defeated by Republican incumbent Todd Rokita in the November 6 general election.
|U.S. House, Indiana, District 4 Democratic Primary, 2012
| Lester Terry Moore
Breakdown of the source of Nelson's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Nelson lost election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Nelson's campaign committee raised a total of $21,579 and spent $21,576.
|U.S. House, Indiana, District 4, 2012 - Tara Nelson Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Tara Nelson's campaign committee|
|Democratic Party of Indiana||$2,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Nelson has one daughter, Alexandria.