Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Utah House of Representatives District 48|
|Associate's||Utah State University, Ricks College, 1983|
|Profession||Founder, Dynamic Confections and Alpine Confections|
Murray's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Replace Government Inefficiency With Private Sector Common Sense
- Excerpt: "Government has basic responsibilities that it must fulfill. But there are very, very few things government can do more efficiently or more effectively than the private sector. When the government mandates what kind of health care we should have, who should have it, the cost goes up and the quality goes down."
- Excerpt: "To do even its most basic jobs, State government collects a great deal of information from each and every one of us. State agencies know where we live, how much money we make, our Social Security numbers, our legal histories, and yes, in many cases, our most private health information. "
- Limiting Government to Its Proper Role
- Excerpt: "Especially here in Utah, we believe in helping provide for those who cannot provide for themselves. We are a giving, compassionate state. But we also believe those who CAN provide for themselves should do so. Too often, government fails to understand the difference, and ends up ‘helping’ citizens into a cycle of dependency that is not only damaging to those who receive government assistance, but to all of us who bear the cost."
- A Healthcare Market That Works for All
- Excerpt: "Thanks to government regulations and mandates, there is no health care marketplace any longer. Innovation, supply and demand, competition – none of those apply when it comes to paying for, receiving, or even shopping for medical services. Would we buy a car or a refrigerator or even a haircut without first knowing the price?"
- Personal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "As my Dad always says, “There ain’t no free lunch”. Growing up, my family hosted Vietnamese refugees in our home. We had a rule: Those who stayed in our home couldn’t accept government hand-outs once they were able to work and provide for themselves."
Murray ran in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 48. He and incumbent Keven Stratton defeated Dani Hartvigsen, Taylor Oldroyd, and Steve White in the Republican convention. Stratton subsequently defeated Murray in the Republican primary on June 26, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives District 48 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Kevin J. Stratton Incumbent||54.7%||3,020|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Taz + Murray + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.