|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 5|
|Greene County Commissioner|
|High school||Greeneville High School|
|Bachelor's||East Tennessee State University|
|Place of birth||Greeneville, TN|
Hensley's professional experience includes working as a real estate broker.
Hensley's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Raising taxes is not an option for me, it never has been. In order to keep our county afloat in these difficult times we are simply going to have to tighten our belts. My family had to tighten its belt, I am sure yours has too. The County needs to pull its belt at least one or two loops tighter."
- Excerpt: "The jails in Greene County are overcrowded and very costly to operate. One alternative is the use of Ankle Bracelets for non-felony, non-violent offenders. This could reduce the outlay of tax payer funds and assist with belt tightening."
Collection of County Owed Fees
- Excerpt: "A department or some county employee should be charged with the tracking and collection of these funds utilizing the court systems if necessary."
National Motto Heritage
- Excerpt: "If we are to ever get to where we need to be, we must never forget where we came from, and I believe “In God We Trust” is indicative of the Christian heritage of our Country, our State and our County."
Elections for 99 seats in the Tennessee House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 7, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Incumbent David Hawk defeated Ted Hensley in the Republican primary. Kermit Steck is running as an Independent. Hawk and Steck will face off in the general election.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 5 Republican Primary, 2014|
|David Hawk Incumbent||60.1%||5,935|
Hensley ran in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 5. Hensley was opposed by Duncan Cave, incumbent David B. Hawk, and Bradley Mercer in the August 2 primary election.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 5 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ted + Hensley + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee General Assembly
- Tennessee House of Representatives District 5
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Ted Hensley campaign website, "Ted's Bio," accessed July 15, 2014
- Forge Ahead Ted, "Local Issues," accessed July 21, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "August 7, 2014 Election Results," accessed September 11, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," August 2, 2012
- Tennessee Department of State, "Unofficial primary results," August 2, 2012
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |