For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Indiana State Senate District 48|
|Associate's||Ivy Tech-Evansville, 1981|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
|Place of birth||Evansville, Indiana|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Metzger's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||I will oppose all state or federal government legislation, any group's effort or any Individual's attempt to infringe on our Second Amendment rights.||”|
|“||Government does not create private sector jobs!
Taxes and government regulation are strangling our job producers. I believe the best way for government to help boost our economy is to get out of the way and let capitalism work. Stop picking winners and losers, stop with the relentless regulations and stop the crushing tax burden. I will not support any legislation that will increase the taxes on hard working Hoosiers or Small Business.
|“||The proper role of the government is to protect equal rights, not to provide equal things
We must return to the founders vision of a limited government with enumerated powers based on the U.S. Constitution. The God-given right to govern is vested in the sovereign authority of the people. I will support legislation that shrinks federal government mandating and transfer that authority back to the state of Indiana and her people.
- See also: Indiana State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Indiana State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Larry Vollmer was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Mark Messmer defeated Ted Metzger in the Republican primary. Messmer defeated Vollmer in the general election.
|Indiana State Senate District 48, General Election, 2014|
|Indiana State Senate, District 48 Republican Primary, 2014|
- See also: Indiana State Senate elections, 2010
|Indiana State Senate, District 47 - Republican Primary (2010)|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ted + Metzger + Indiana + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana State Senate
- Indiana State Senate District 48
- Indiana State Senate elections, 2014
- Indiana State Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Ted Metzger on Facebook
- 2010 Watchdog Indiana candidate ratings
- Results for the May 4, 2010 primary in Indiana
- Hoosiers for Metzger, "2nd Amendment," accessed April 24, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Hoosiers for Metzger, "Economy," accessed April 24, 2014
- Hoosiers for Metzger, "Government," accessed April 24, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Indiana State Senate Official General Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014