Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Wisconsin Commissioner of Insurance|
|January 3, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||January 3, 2011|
|Appointed by||Gov. Scott Walker (R)|
Before his appointment, Nickel was the Director of Governmental and Regulatory Affairs for the Church Mutual Insurance Company. He has served on the board of directors of the Wisconsin Insurance Alliance, Wisconsin Insurance Security Fund, and Oklahoma Property Insurance Guaranty Association, and is a member of the Legal and Government Affairs Committee of the Property Casualty Insurance Association of America.
- B.A., Business administration, Valparaiso University
Wisconsin Commissioner of Insurance (2011-present)
Comprehensive donor information for Nickel is available dating back to 2000. Based on available campaign finance records, Nickel raised a total of $69,950 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 6, 2013.
|Ted Nickel's Campaign Contribution History|
|2000||Wisconsin State Assembly||$69,950|
|Grand Total Raised||$69,950|
Wisconsin's population in 2013 was 5,742,713 according to the United States Census Bureau. This estimate represented a 1 percent change from the bureau's 2010 estimate. The state's population per square mile was 105 in 2010, exceeding the national average of 87.4. Wisconsin experienced a 1.5 percent increase in total employment from 2011 to 2012 based on census data, falling below a 2.2 percent increase at the national level during the same period.
Wisconsin fell below the national average for residents who attained at least bachelor's degrees based on census data from 2009 to 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 26.8 percent of Wisconsin residents aged 25 years and older attained bachelor's degrees compared to 28.8 percent at the national level. The median household income in Wisconsin was $52,413 between 2009 and 2013 compared to a $53,046 national median income. Census information showed a 13.5 percent poverty rate in Wisconsin during the study period compared to a 14.5 percent national poverty rate.
Note: Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" percentage, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off. Read more about race and ethnicity in the Census here.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the terms "Ted Nickel Wisconsin Commissioner Insurance."
- Some of the stories below may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of Google's news search engine.
- Wisconsin Department of Insurance
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2000
- NAIC.org, "Ted Nickel biography," accessed September 4, 2011
- The Business Journal, "Walker names Nickel insurance chief," January 4, 2011
- Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, "Ted Nickel Becomes Wisconsin's 33rd Insurance Commissioner," January 5, 2011
- Follow the Money, " Career fundraising for Ted Nickel," accessed May 6, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "QuickFacts Beta," accessed March 24, 2015
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Wisconsin Election Results," accessed March 24, 2015
- The American Presidency Project, "Presidential Elections Data," accessed March 24, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|Wisconsin Commissioner of Insurance
| Succeeded by|