Teresa M. Scarmack
|Teresa M. Scarmack|
|Ohio State Senate District 20|
|Birthday||February 13, 1954|
Scarmack is a teacher with the Logan Hocking School District. She earned her B.S. in education from OSU. She also earned MA degrees in education from Marygrove College and Ohio University. She is currently pursuing further graduate education at Ohio University. In 2008, Scarmack earned the "Master Teacher" designation from the Logan Hocking School District.
Besides her career in education, she has worked as a case manager for Nationwide Insurance and as a Data Control Analyst at Ohio University. She is a member of several labor organizations as well as the Sierra Club, the Local Professional Development Committee, the Progressive Majority Farm Team, and the Democratic Party. She is married to her husband, Paul. They have one daughter and two grandchildren.
- See also: Ohio State Senate elections, 2012
Scarmack ran in the 2012 election for Ohio Senate, District 20. Scarmack was unopposed in the March 6 Democratic primary election and was defeated by incumbent Troy Balderson (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio State Senate, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Troy Balderson Incumbent||59.5%||89,659|
|Democratic||Teresa M. Scarmack||40.5%||61,077|
In an electronic communication with Ballotpedia, Scarmack discussed her campaign's themes:
- "Teresa McGraner Scarmack will fight to protect workers’ rights and to prevent further legislative assaults on public employees like failed Senate Bill 5, which was unfair, unsafe and hurt all Ohioans. McGraner Scarmack will continue to oppose any attempts that push a destructive, divisive and disastrous agenda on the people of Ohio by standing up especially for children, teachers and all public servants."
She also detailed her policy goals:
- "As senator, she will make every effort to improve the lives of Ohio families by advocating for:
- 1. High quality education and fair funding for every child in Ohio public schools
- 2. Safe, good paying, long-term jobs
- 3. Affordable health coverage and quality care for all, especially women
- 4. Clean, safe energy standards that protect public health and safety"
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Teresa + Scarmack + Ohio + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Teresa Scarmack, Campaign website
- Teresa Scarmack, Facebook page
- Teresa Scarmack, Twitter feed
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart