|Virginia House of Delegates District 1|
|1994 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||19|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 5, 2013|
|Place of birth||Kingsport, TN|
Kilgore is an attorney by trade. He has worked with Wolfe & Farmer since 2000, and prior to that had his own Kilgore Law Office from 1987-2000. Kilgore is also an adjunct faculty member of the Marshall-Wythe School of Law.
Kilgore's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 1999 National Political Awareness Test are available. The test provides a candidate's views on a number of major issues. Kilgore did not answer the question asking his top priorities.
In the 2012-2013 session, Kilgore served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Kilgore served on the following committees:
- Commerce and Labor, Chair
- Special Subcommittee on Energy, Chair
- Courts of Justice
- Civil Law Subcommittee
- Judicial Systems Subcommittee
- Constitutional Law Subcommittee
- Studies Subcommittee
- HB 1632 Retirement System; adds full-time employees of Va. Municipal League & Va. Association of Counties.
- HB 1761 Security for Public Deposits Act; establish guidleines to permit banks to withdraw from procedures.
- HB 2261 Consumer Protection Act; foreclosure rescues.
- HB 2645 Tobacco products tax; changes tax on moist snuff.
On November 3, 2009, Kilgore won re-election to the 1st District Seat in the Virginia House of Delegates.
Kilgore raised $281,987 for his campaign. 
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 1 (2009)|
|Terry Kilgore (R)||12,957||99.3%|
In 2011, Kilgore received $402,599 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Terry Kilgore's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$25,220|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$20,000|
|Allen Allen Allen & Allen||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$402,599|
The top 5 donors to Kilgore's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Bank PAC||$13,000|
|Virginia Trial Lawyers PAC||$11,000|
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Kilgore
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Virginia Public Access Project - Rep. Kilgore profile
- Campaign contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kilgore
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kilgore Issue Positions
- ↑ Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- ↑ Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- ↑ Elections History: Terry Kilgore
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 1
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |