For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|U.S. House, California, District 23|
Phillips's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Although there have been some gains in the past three years, Congress is doing everything in its power to block serious progress. Despite assurances from the incumbent and his fellow politicians, we cannot cut our way out of this period of economic difficulties. Reducing taxes will not create jobs."
- Foreign policy
- Excerpt: "The United States is the only nation on earth capable of defending itself and its allies against major military threats. Maintaining strong armed forces remains absolutely necessary in today’s dangerous world. Nevertheless, we must choose their missions carefully and define them clearly."
- Health care
- Excerpt: "I believe health care is a benefit we should all enjoy. It is as essential to our quality of life as police and firefighting services. Promoting wellness is in our national interest. The Affordable Care Act or ACA was a bad compromise."
- Excerpt: "We lack an effective, long-term energy policy. Energy is not only an important domestic concern, it is also central to America’s foreign policy. Being subject to the globalized oil market makes us vulnerable to price manipulations and political instabilities around the world. At the same time, climate change threatens the very existence of our species."
- High-speed rail
- Excerpt: "California in general and the Central Valley in particular MUST find a way to improve our transportation infrastructure. High speed rail is one way. So far, the plans have been badly conceived and badly presented. But I am convinced that we can find a way to implement this idea."
Phillips ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 23rd District. He and Kevin McCarthy (R) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Eric Parker (R). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and McCarthy won.
|U.S. House, California District 23 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kevin McCarthy Incumbent||73.2%||158,161|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California District 23, 2012 - Terry Phillips Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$4,578,119|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$4,027,748|
|Top contributors to Terry Phillips's campaign committee|
|Hall & Partners||$1,350|
|Cls Bank International||$1,200|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Forestry & Forest Products||$1,001|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Terry + Phillips + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- CNN, "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center," accessed December 1, 2012
- Campaign website, Issues
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012 (dead link)
- Open Secrets, "Terry Phillips 2012 Election Cycle," accessed March 19, 2013
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 | 2016 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
California school districts A - L |
California school districts M - Z |