|U.S. House, California, District 23|
Phillips's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Although there have been some gains in the past three years, Congress is doing everything in its power to block serious progress. Despite assurances from the incumbent and his fellow politicians, we cannot cut our way out of this period of economic difficulties. Reducing taxes will not create jobs."
- Foreign policy
- Excerpt: "The United States is the only nation on earth capable of defending itself and its allies against major military threats. Maintaining strong armed forces remains absolutely necessary in today’s dangerous world. Nevertheless, we must choose their missions carefully and define them clearly."
- Health care
- Excerpt: "I believe health care is a benefit we should all enjoy. It is as essential to our quality of life as police and firefighting services. Promoting wellness is in our national interest. The Affordable Care Act or ACA was a bad compromise."
- Excerpt: "We lack an effective, long-term energy policy. Energy is not only an important domestic concern, it is also central to America’s foreign policy. Being subject to the globalized oil market makes us vulnerable to price manipulations and political instabilities around the world. At the same time, climate change threatens the very existence of our species."
- High-speed rail
- Excerpt: "California in general and the Central Valley in particular MUST find a way to improve our transportation infrastructure. High speed rail is one way. So far, the plans have been badly conceived and badly presented. But I am convinced that we can find a way to implement this idea."
Phillips ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing California's 23rd District. He and Kevin McCarthy (R) advanced past the June 5, 2012, blanket primary, defeating Eric Parker (R). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and McCarthy won.
|U.S. House, California, District 23 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kevin McCarthy Incumbent||73.2%||158,161|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California District 23, 2012 - Terry Phillips Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$4,578,119|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$4,027,748|
|Top contributors to Terry Phillips's campaign committee|
|Hall & Partners||$1,350|
|Cls Bank International||$1,200|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Forestry & Forest Products||$1,001|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Terry + Phillips + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Chuck Norris Defends Tim Tebow, Says Jaguars Should Sign QB - Huffington Post
- Jose Canseco Tweets That He Has Been Charged With Rape: Las Vegas Police ... - Huffington Post
- Mike Trout Cycle: Angels Star Hits For Histor Cycle vs. Mariners (VIDEO) - Huffington Post
- New York City Football Club: Yankees, Manchester City To Co-Own New MLS ... - Huffington Post
- ESPN Layoffs: Sports Network Reportedly Letting Go Of Hundreds [UPDATED - Huffington Post]
- Veteran Actress Christine White Dies at 86 - Big Hollywood
- Miguel Cabrera Hits 3 Home Runs, But Tigers Lose To Rangers 11-8 (VIDEO) - Huffington Post
- College football countdown
- 2013 Preakness: Orb, Triple Crown Hopeful, Has Gone From Ordinary To ... - Huffington Post
- Classical and Opera - New York Times
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found