Texas lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2010
|2014 • 2013 • 2012 • 2011 • 2010|
|Current Lt. Governors|
|Lt. Governor Elections|
|2014 • 2013 • 2012 • 2011 • 2010|
The Texas lieutenant gubernatorial election of 2010 was held on November 2, 2010. The primary election date was March 2. The deadline for filing nomination papers was January 4, 2010. Polls were open from 7:00 am until 7:00 pm on all election days.
Only the Democrats had a primary field, which was won by Linda Chavez-Thompson. She was up against Republican David Dewhurst, the incumbent Lt. Governor. Dewhurst, as well as incumbent Rick Perry, won another term. While Perry beat the Democratic gubernatorial hopeful by a relatively slim 13 points, Dewhurst had a blowout victory, with a margin approaching 30 points.
The governor and lt. governor are elected on separate tickets in Texas, one of 17 states to do so.
|The November Ballot – Who Made It? Texas Lieutenant Governor|
|Herb Gonzales, Jr.||Green|
|This lists candidates who won their state's primary or convention, or who were unopposed, and who were officially certified for the November ballot by their state's election authority.|
November 2, 2010 general election results
Results were certified on December 2, 2010.
On November 2, 2010, David Dewhurst won re-election to the office of Lieutenant Governor of Texas. He defeated Linda Chavez-Thompson (D), Scott Jameson (L) and Herb Gonzales, Jr. (G) in the general election.
|Lieutenant Governor of Texas, 2010|
|Republican||David Dewhurst Incumbent||61.8%||3,049,109|
|Green||Herb Gonzales, Jr.||0.9%||44,903|
|Election Results Via: Texas Secretary of State|
- Linda Chavez-Thompson spent much of her career with the AFL-CIO, beginning as a secretary and rising to become a vice-president. She was also named to several boards and panels under the Clinton Administration.
- Ronnie Earle
- Marc Katz
- David Dewhurst, the incumbent Lt. Governor, is an Air Force and CIA veteran, as well as a business owner and rancher.
- Chuck Burnett
- Herb Gonzales, Jr.
- Scott Jameson
- Todd Minor
March 2, 2010 primary
|2010 Race for Lieutenant Governor - Democrat Primary|
|Linda Chavez-Thompson (D)||53.12%|
|Ronnie Earle (D)||34.67%|
|Marc Katz (D)||12.13%|
- Texas Office of the Secretary of State, Elections Division
- 2010 Texas Governor's Race at www.CQPolitics.com
- 2010 Texas Governor at www.FollowTheMoney.com
- Texas Governor 2010 at www.OurCampaigns.com
- Election 2010 - Texas Governor at www.RasmussenReports.com
- Texas Governor at www.RealClearPolitics.com
- Rick Perry at PolitiFact
- Bill White at PolitiFact
- Linda Chavex-Thompson for Lt. Governor
- David Dewhurst for Lt. Governor
- Ronnie Early for Lt. Governor
- Marx Katz for Lt. Governor
- The Green Papers, "2010 Gubernatorial Primaries at a Glance"
- The Green Papers, "Texas 2010 Midterm Election," accessed July 17, 2010
- Texas Secretary of State, “2010 November General Election Candidates”, accessed October 7, 2010
- Texas Secretary of State, "2010 General Election: Election Night Returns, Lieutenant Governor," updated November 3, 2010 at 12:15, accessed November 15, 2010
- Texas Secretary of State, “Race Summary Report: 2010 Democratic Party Primary Election”, March 2, 2010
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |