|Washington House of Representatives, District 30a|
|Bachelor's||Public Affairs, University of Oregon|
|Profession||Information technology recruiter|
Macfarlane's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The first thing we need to do is overturn I-1053, to get rid of the budget deadlock in the Senate, and then we need to lay a budget framework where education is fully funded and we put all our efforts towards putting people to work."
- Excerpt: "Our children are the most valuable resource we have and they not only deserve, but NEED the best education we can give them. I swear to prevent further cuts to education, especially higher education, where not just jobs, but careers are made."
- Excerpt: "I will champion for medical services and counseling for those who have put their life on the line to defend our freedoms, and I will advocate that they be given the opportunity to earn a living wage."
- Excerpt: "We can follow Vermont's lead in Washington and establish single payer healthcare, removing the burden of having to provide health insurance from businesses in Washington, providing a better quality of service for a lower price, and boosting the economy at the same time."
- Excerpt: "It is our paramount duty to protect the environment for our children. We should leave them a better world, not pass the debts of our shortsightedness to them."
- Women's Rights
- Excerpt: "Thom Macfarlane will stand up for a woman's right to choose what happens with her own body. Whatever the choice is made, it is a sensitive one that should be left between her and her doctor. It is not fair, either, that women only make 77¢ for each dollar a man makes."
Macfarlane ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 30a. Macfarlane was defeated by Roger Flygare and Linda Kochmar in the August 7 blanket primary election. They face each other in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Macfarlane has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Thom + Macfarlane + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |