|Michigan House of Representatives District 77|
|January 1, 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||Grand Valley State University|
|Master's||Western Michigan University|
Hooker is a Red Cross instructor. He has previously worked as a teacher in the Byron Center Public School system.
Hooker graduated from Grand Valley State University with a Bachelor's degree, and then from Western Michigan University with his Master's degree.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hooker served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Families, Children, and Seniors, Vice-chair|
|• Health Policy|
|• Military and Veterans Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hooker served on these committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Education, Vice-chair|
|• Families and Children's Services|
|• Health Policy|
Hooker won re-election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 77. He was unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Scott Barton (D) and Larry Warner (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 77, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Thomas Hooker Incumbent||60.4%||23,599|
Hooker won election to the District 77 Seat in 2010. He defeated Frank Murin, Rusty Richter, Dave Van Houten and Nate Vriesman in the August 3 Republican primary. He defeated Scott Barton (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 77 General election (2010)|
|Thomas Hooker (R)||18,088|
|Scott Barton (D)||6,913|
|Brian Boyer (L)||682|
Comprehensive donor information for Hooker is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Hooker raised a total of $56,476 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 12, 2013.
|Thomas Hooker's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Michigan State House, District 77||$28,229|
|2010||Michigan State House, District 77||$28,247|
|Grand Total Raised||$56,476|
Hooker won re-election to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Hooker raised a total of $28,229.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Thomas Hooker's campaign in 2012|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Michigan||$4,000|
|Michigan Health & Hospital Association||$2,025|
|Michigan Association Of Realtors||$1,000|
|Michigan Automobile Dealers Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$28,229|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Hooker won election to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Hooker raised a total of $28,247.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Thomas Hooker's campaign in 2010|
|Hooker, Thomas B.||$6,489|
|Michigan Farm Bureau||$2,000|
|Friends Of West Michigan Business||$1,000|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Michigan||$1,000|
|Michigan Chamber Of Commerce||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$28,247|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Thomas + Hooker + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- How they voted: School dissolution, fireworks, Medicaid debated by Michigan ... - MLive.com
- Cruz will file immigration amendment allowing states to require proof of ... - Daily Caller
- Obama runs immigration bill from White House, according to new report - Daily Caller
- The one place in the world where the U.S. Congress is loved: Europe - Daily Caller
- Trump doesn't 'want to be critical' of Romney's campaign, is critical - Daily Caller
- Sessions takes on Rubio: 'It's not about just passing something; it's about ... - Daily Caller
- Duke University senior threatens 'student action' if Koch brothers buy newspapers - Daily Caller
- Despite budget snub, MDOT chief takes road funding stump to Grand Rapids - The Grand Rapids Press - MLive.com
- How they voted: Hunting fees, vehicle sales taxes among issues tackled by ... - MLive.com
- Senate sends education budget to Snyder - WOOD-TV
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Thomas Hooker received an 84% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Hooker and his wife Pam have two children.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
Kevin Green (R)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 77
| Succeeded by|