Thomas Joe Cruz-Wiggins
|Thomas Joe Cruz-Wiggins|
|U.S. House, Florida, District 27|
|Bachelor's||University of Florida|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Place of birth||Miami, FL|
Cruz-Wiggins's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Establish Term Limits
- Excerpt: "First and foremost I believe a majority of Americans are of the understanding that our Government of The People has become a government of career politicians who are disconnected with the everyday ordinary Americans who work paycheck-to-paycheck. Politicians have no idea what Americans experience on a day-to-day basis."
- I am Pro Life and Pro Family
- Excerpt: "I believe life begins at conception for I know in my heart God does not make mistakes. The “right” to kill anyone or terminate a pregnancy at any stage in development goes against God’s Divine Decrees for humanity. Period."
- Education Reform
- Excerpt: "As a school teacher, I firmly believe every child in America deserves access to a quality education and I am committed to giving teachers and parents the materials they need to help students achieve life-long learning."
- Preserving Social Security and Medicare
- Excerpt: "We have to cut government spending – but not by breaking the contracts we’ve made with everybody who pays into Social Security and Medicare. We must seek alternatives that reinforce Medicare and calm the fears of all Americans especially the elderly when it comes to keeping Medicare sound and secure forever."
- Veterans Affairs
- Excerpt: "As a US navy Veteran, I believe I have a complete understanding of how imperative it is that America’s military men and women receive the support they deserve for the sacrifices they have made. All members past and present of the Armed Forces have fought to preserve the freedoms we cherish and I believe Congress must be resolute in honoring our commitment to them."
Wiggans was defeated by Republican Ileana Ros-Lehtinen. Wiggins ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Florida's 27th District. Wiggins sought the nomination on the Independent ticket. Candidates wishing to run needed to file by the signature filing deadline of June 8, 2012. The primary elections were held on August 14, 2012.
|U.S. House, Florida District 27 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ileana Ros-Lehtinen Incumbent||60.2%||138,488|
|Independent||Thomas Joe Cruz-Wiggins||2.9%||6,663|
|Source: Florida Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Thomas + Cruz-Wiggins + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |