For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
McMahan's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Investing in People First
- Excerpt: "I believe that the primary function of honest state government is to invest in ALL of its citizens, not just a select few. We do that by giving priority to an economy, an infrastructure, and a system of schools that works for all and rewards those who strive for success and work hard."
Economy, Transportation & Health
- Excerpt: "Work with local businesses and Chambers to create a comprehensive economic development plan to bring good JOBS into our area"
- Excerpt: "A separate education budget, truly making public education THE primary function of our state"
Elections for the office of Georgia House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014, with runoff elections taking place where necessary on July 22, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Thomas A. "Tom" McMahan was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent John V. Deffenbaugh and Robert F. Goff advanced past W. Alan Painter in the Republican primary. Deffenbaugh defeated Goff in a runoff election on July 22, 2014. McMahan was defeated by Deffenbaugh in the general election.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 1 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||John Deffenbaugh Incumbent||72.6%||7,084|
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 1 Republican Primary, 2014|
|John Deffenbaugh Incumbent||45%||1,519|
|Robert F. Goff||27.9%||941|
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 1 Runoff Republican Primary, 2014|
|John Deffenbaugh Incumbent||55.1%||1,351|
|Robert F. Goff||44.9%||1,103|
McMahan ran in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 1. McMahan ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on July 31, 2012. He was defeated in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 1, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Thomas + McMahan + Georgia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Georgia House of Representatives
- Georgia House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Georgia State Legislature
- Georgia House of Representatives District 1
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Thomas McMahan on Facebook
- Thomas McMahan on Twitter
- macforgeorgia.com, "Issues," accessed September 2, 2014 (dead link)
- 'Chattanooga Times Free Press, "Steve Tarvin wins re-election in Georgia's District 2 primary; District 1 in runoff," May 21, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "GA - Election Results," accessed May 28, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official runoff election results," accessed August 29, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "General Primary/General Nonpartisan/Special Election July 31, 2012," accessed August 9, 2012
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |